Australiaversary

It's been two year since we took that leap of faith, packed everything up, and moved to the other side of the world site unseen.  Seems like it was just a few months ago so I guess that saying is true - time flies when you're having fun.  Yes at times we miss the people and prices in the states, but in general the quality of life over here is much better.  It also doesn't hurt that a tropical island in the South Pacific is just a short 4-hour flight away!  But I digress...

I'm so glad I took the plunge and applied for the job.  It was weird how it all happened - I had been thinking about it for a few days then decided not to.  Then one day two completely different people mentioned the job to me within a few minutes and it got me thinking again.  Finally I realised that I would really regret not applying.  And it's true.  If we had passed up these amazing experiences we've been having we would have missed out on a life long education on a different way of living, speaking, eating, driving, and of course the great people we've met here.  We were happy with our old life but we are happy here too and I'm really glad we took a chance to try out something new.

Thank you Phil for completely supporting me and giving up your old life to start something new together.  It's been a blast so far and I couldn't have done it by myself.  And now on to those South Pacific Islands!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Baw Baw Blog

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Freycinet National Park