Guest Book - Mom and Dad Round 2

We had a great time visiting the two of you and our other friends in Australia.  I finally learned how to say the name of the city (Melbin) and we got to see lots of things that were new to us.  Tassie was amazing.  It is like its own country just loosely tied to the mother country.  I got a great sense of the pride Australians have in their country and in all things Australian.

I got the sense that you guys are enjoying yourselves and your jobs here but you don't feel like you are completely one of "them."  I want you to know that we do not have accents, they do!

I'm sorry that I spoiled the last few days of our "holiday" by falling but I guess these things happen.  You both "stepped up to the plate" as the expression goes and gave me the time I needed to recover enough to fly home. 

Thanks also for letting me try your new quilting frame and machine.  What a great thing that is.

Australia is truly an interesting and different place and you are lucky to get to explore it.


Until next time-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baw Baw Blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Freycinet National Park