An Aussie Birthday Party

My parents arrived at the beginning of April and we took the opportunity to have an Aussie Birthday Party for my mom.  We invited her Aussie friends over for dinner and they enjoyed the chance to catch up.  My mom met these friends through a painting convention they teach classes at in Vegas.  Year after year she kept taking their classes and they became great friends.  The convention is now a yearly tradition for them, and they fit in plenty of fun before and after.  They had just been over for a visit in March, so it was nice for them to get together and laugh about their trip without all the distractions.  I made an echidna cake for dessert that went down a hit, even with the very American peanut butter filling.  After the party they spent a few days with Janice and Ted and then had a visit with Karen and family before heading to Kangaroo Island with us.  All in all it was a great way to begin their visit over here. 

Gail, my dad, and Ted
Karen and my mom 
Maybe, Karen, my mom, Gail, Janice, my dad, Ted
Echidna cake!
party animals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baw Baw Blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Launceston