Hello Dolly!

A couple weeks ago I got one of those last minute half price concert ticket emails for Dolly Parton.  I LOVED Dolly Parton when I was young.  Loved.  She had a tv show for a couple years and I would religiously watch it every Saturday night.  I don't remember much about the show except that it involved lots of sequins and she would always end the show with "I'll always love you."  So needless to say, I jumped at the chance for cheap tickets to see her.  She might be 68, but I figured if she's been around that long it was bound to be a good show.


Her sequins didn't disappoint, and it was very enjoyable hearing her live.  She told great stories in between the songs and played several instruments, even a tiny little saxophone covered in rhinestones.  When it came time to 9 to 5 we got a good giggle out of watching the 60+ in the crowd dancing along - not the normal sight you'd expect to see at a concert.  Then she finished up and several wheelchairs rolled out to take the audience away.  It was impressive to see how she could still move in those high heels and tight sparkly skirts, singing and dancing around the stage.  She was truly a timeless act.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Baw Baw Blog

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Freycinet National Park