Hawaii Trip - Napali Coast

For my birthday I told Phil that I wanted to go on a sunset cruise along the Napali Coast.  They all started in the afternoon, so I pulled the birthday card again and we went to a few different fabric shops.  I was expecting that were wouldn't be many stores and the fabric would be expensive, but I was surprised to find three good shops close by, all with fabric much, much cheaper than Australia prices.  Good thing I had purchased extra baggage allowance for our return trip!

We stopped along the way to see Waimea Falls, and then continued on to Puka Dog for lunch.  I had read they had amazing hot dogs, and it seemed like the perfect thing to eat before a boat ride! 😁  The hot dog with pineapple salsa was really darn good and it was definitely worth the stop.
Waimea Falls

We were a bit confused by this sign...
 Then it was time to board the boat and head off along the coast.  We started on the South side of the island, and as we went around to the West side the water got super choppy.   We were both fine, but I guess the sail part of sunset sail was more figurative than literal.





The coastline got more rugged and beautiful as we headed farther North.  The contrast between the dark dirt, green plants, turquoise water, and bright blue sky was stunning.




 On the way back down the coast a rainbow appeared, and they stopped the boat for a bit to let us soak it all in.  It was a great way to end this birthday in Paradise.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baw Baw Blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Missy and Emily's Tassie Trip - Freycinet National Park