My 2018 Makes

 It seems like I spent the first four months of the year on planes, and the rest of the year driving back and forth to the lot checking out house progress.  But I must have squeezed in plenty of sewing time because I got a lot more done than I realised.  Here's what I worked on in 2018 - 

#1 - A friend asked me if I could make a pig-themed quilt for a baby shower 
#2 - The request for this one was a whale quilt for a baby shower 
#3 - Baby quilt for a coworker who is Indonesian - so I made the butterflies with batiks I got in Bali
#4 - Maker's Mat for my mom
#5 - Cushion cover for an Alison Glass Mini Quilt Swap
#6 - A friend asked me to make a quilt for a sock monkey :)
#7 - Maker's Mat for Phil's Mom
#8 - Bionic Bag for me.  This one was a tough challenge, had not done a zip in a very long time
#9 - Baby quilt for my cousin
#10 - Sock Monkey quilt for a friend of a friend (the person whose sock monkey needed a quilt!)
#11 - Thai Batik Elephant Mini
#12 - Fox scrap quilt
# 13-16 - Pineapple Mini x 4
#17 - Cat quilt for a friend
#18 - Cat quilt for the friend's baby
#19 - Aussie Xmas Mini
#20 - Llama Mini for a llama themed swap
#21 - Another llama mini - why not
#22 - And then I decided I needed a llama mini for the llama library
#22 - And then I had to make this llama mini with sparkly white fabric.
#23 - Made six of these Walker Bags for a charity - they hold a bottle of water and have a zippered pocket.
#24 - Rocks and Ice Mini
#25 - A remote control holder for Phil's bike 
#26 - Bowl cozy - made lots of these but forgot to take pictures before giving them away
#27-38  - Scrap baskets for my new sewing room (I'm counting them individually because they took so long to make with all those little tiny squares)
#39 - Scrappy Pineapple Quilt for our new house (this is what started the pineapple quilt theme...)
#40 - Baby quilt for a friend
#41 - Aboriginal quilt
#42 - Pineapple Quilt for a friend
#43 - Australia Quilt for some friends who moved to away
#44 - Scrappy Pineapple Block Mini for a swap.  I didn't like this one at the beginning but I love how it turned out.  Some day I might have to make myself one,
#45 - Sock Monkey Baby Quilt
#46 - Pineapple Baby Quilt
#47 - Another Aboriginal Quilt
#48 - Thai Batik Elephant Quilt
#49 - Woppet Bucket x 2
#50 - Aussie Xmas Mini
#51 - Poppy mini quilt for a coworker whose dog was named Poppy
#52 - Bernese Mntn Dog Mini for a coworker
#53 - Gas Turbine Mug Rug for a coworker
#54 - Bloem Basket for a friend x 2
I'm going to miss our pretty fence and bushes for taking pictures.  But I won't miss the really hot afternoon sun in my sewing room.  Can't wait to set up my new space!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baw Baw Blog

One Sleep Until Citizenship!

Sneans